Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lost art of chivalry! Pt1

Hey guys.
This post is going to be good reading for both sexes though will be aimed at the men.

Why do guys not know how to act around women..?

I remember walking through my local town (Taunton, Somerset) with a really good friend. She said to me, 'My dad would always walk on the side of the road (so in between her and the traffic)' It hit me like a stone right between the eyes. I couldn't believe that something so simple could speak so much of a persons character. This simple thing would show someone that you care about that you are the type of person that will hold to values no matter the cost to your own life. Right in that moment, I can't even remember exactly where I was, I stopped, walked around her and stood on the side of the road.

This short story began a big process in my life. How can I show people my character and my heart for looking after people. I started thinking, 'Is it that hard to pause for a few seconds and let people in to a shop before I go out?' 'is it really that big a deal if I hold a door for anyone, especially someone of the opposite sex?' however the biggest question I would face would be...'Will women think I like them if I do these things, will they think that I am after a phone number, Facebook or more..?' So I was processing this through while doing life, trial and error, a thing I though that was obsolete when taught it in my maths class at secondary school. I realised that its not about what people think of me, because I will never be able to control another's persons thoughts, feelings, emotions and ESPECIALLY their actions! With this revelation (helped by some teaching I was listening to from Bethel church in Redding,Ca) I came to an understanding that not only could I not control these things, but I can control myself, I can control how I handle myself, what impression I give off to other people, when 'the ball is in their court' about actions and feelings it's no longer about me it's about them.

So, back to what i really want to talk about...CHIVALRY! Guys we have lost the vision for why we date, why we find women attractive. We are all born to want relationships, we are all born into relationships. So when as we get older we desire a more intimate relationship...we desire to want to be known. To have someone who not only we know, but truly knows us, who hears us fart and accepts us (please say its not just me..?haha) and laughs with us! Not only are we born to want relationships but we are born (as men) to defend, provide, honour, and fight for our families. We are the stronger sex, sorry women, it is actually a fact,sorry just accept it. Yes there are some exceptions, some women are stronger than some men. However all this said, guys, we are generally the strongest of the sexes...That means that we have MORE responsibility, we have to fight and protect our relationships. This is why you can go to almost any town in England on a Friday or Saturday night and find guys fighting in the streets...We were born to protect and fight for people, because they are weaker or just because we love them! Chivalry shows this, chivalry says, 'I am willing to become less, for you to succeed/or gain what i loose'.
What a women desires above all other things, is to be held, but held in a way that says, 'I've got you', it screams I am a man that can take on anything that comes my way, but here's the catch...A woman wants a guy to really know, and i mean really believe in himself and his abilities to protect you and your prtential family...But walk humbly and say 'I don't NEED to PROVE myself, if something comes I will deal with it, but I will first try and talk my way out'. Knowing that you can, but restraining yourself so that you can let people in to know you. Crying is ok, and is not weakness. Sometimes we need to mourn, our bodies are desgined to process. Let our bodies do what they need to do and let us get on and love our family.



So my point is...GET OVER YOURSELF! Become less and die to yourself so that you can have the privilege of seeing someone else succeed and become great! We are born to all make each other feel like we can take on the world! Chivalry just says this on a daily basis...'I am a guy who is in control, and knows what i want and will always promote you to be what you want to be!'

http://1a7159q9lw2w2sejm9osqe0n9g.hop.clickbank.net/?tid=BLOGG2

1 comment:

  1. Good post! lol--- " however the biggest question I would face would be...'Will women think I like them if I do these things, will they think that I am after a phone number, Facebook or more..?'" that is hilarious, thanks for being honest, now I know I'm not the only one who worries about that(except to the opposite type of people of course). The walking on the side of the traffic thing, my Dad always does that too... I am in full awe of Him, for His sacrifice, which truly makes Him all the stronger.

    ReplyDelete